ftrack-connect subscription

tokejepsen

Hi,

We currently don't have a way to subscribe to updates on the ftrack-connect package. This is something we've got on the roadmap though.

I'll let you know when I know more.

What you could do now, If you wan't to keep the hooks separate from Connect and store them globally you can copy the default hooks out of Connect into it's own directory(on a network drive for example) and set the FTRACK_EVENT_PLUGIN_PATH environment to point to your new hooks folder.

When we release a new version of Connect copy the new hooks into this location. To automate this you could keep the Connect repository locally and have a script to pull a specific version(tag) and copy of the hooks.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Carl

What you could do now, If you wan't to keep the hooks separate from Connect and store them globally you can copy the default hooks out of Connect into it's own directory(on a network drive for example) and set the FTRACK_EVENT_PLUGIN_PATH environment to point to your new hooks folder.

Think I'll look into this for now. Assuming that the hooks are all cross-platform?

Would be perfect if all hooks included in the connect package was collected in a repo, so we could update and keep on the latest and greatest. But maybe its very dependent on the connect packages version?

The hooks can be version specific and require a certain version of Connect and some of the hooks are added in the build step so on a second thought it might be better to copy the hooks from a downloaded built package to be sure to get them all.

Ok, sounds like I'm better off just keeping with appending to the FTRACK_EVENT_PLUGIN_PATH  for custom actions, and wait for updates to the connect-package.

Back to the main question, would it be possible to have an rss feed on the connect-package page? or email subscription? As much as I like going to the ftrack website, I don't want to check every day for updates:)

Archived