project back-ups or data restoring

Fernando

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how a back-up of a project would work in ftrack. Could it be possible to restore a project to 24h hours ago?
I've read this documentation: https://ftrack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005305477-Backups

But we aren't running ftrack on-prem.

We are switching to a full production in ftrack, and I would like to know how I could restore data if something went wrong, such as a user deleting entire entities by accident.
Normally this shouldn't happen, but it's better to be prepared :)

Cheers,
Fernando

Hi @Fernando

Thanks for writing in, we'll be happy to help out here. As you've correctly pointed out unfortunately those docs you've linked only apply to on-prem servers, there is currently no way for users on a cloud-hosted site to trigger a restore from a backup manually. 

That said, in the event of emergencies, our team does have the ability to investigate restoring certain data for you. Please note that our ability to do this wildly depends on a number of factors such as what was deleted, how long ago it was deleted, what has changed since then etc. So while we can't guarantee we can restore any data, in the instances you've described you can reach out to our team at support@ftrack.com and we'll be able to advise if such a restore would be possible. 

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Cheers,
Andrew