Set status of custom object type with no underlying tasks

Fernando

Hello,

I have created a custom object type called "Variant Category" and I would like to set its status without there being any underlying tasks.
The idea is that this custom object will be linked to tasks and have a status that gets automatically updated if all linked tasks are set to final for example, but it won't have the tasks directly underneath it in the hierarchy view.

image.png.dbc833a660cbec5114aebe93905a63e6.png

image.png.d78e21c0d577c2ab4419e4331ecf0ee8.png

As you can see in this example this "geometry" Variant Category is linked to tasks and I set the status to the lowest status of those tasks through the API ("in_progress" in this case)
However, the Variant Category in the hierarchical view does not display the status since it is acting like a "folder object".
Is it possible to create my own object type that handles like a task object? or alternatively - if that is not possible- can I create a task with a different icon than the classic task icon?
Ideally I would want it to be a different type than a Task, to be able to quickly query all the objects of this type.

I guess another solution would be to have a task underneath the Variant Category that is linked to all the other tasks instead, but this seems redundant.

Cheers,
Fernando

• 2 weeks later...