Bid days not updating for task

Fernando

Hello,

Using the following way to write the bid day number to a task does not seem to work, the bid days always remain 0.00 in the web UI:

task['bid'] = 5

Other attributes - such as the status - do update correctly, so I am sure that I am addressing the correct task.
I don't receive any error, so I'm confused why this does not work.
Any idea why this is not working?
If I need to provide any additional information, I'll be more than happy to provide it

Cheers,
Fernando

Hi Yas,

Thanks for answering.
I don't really see how I'm supposed to convert the 5 value to sec? Like I understand I can just do: 5*8*60*60=144000 sec, but that's still an integer.
I've tried converting it to a float, but to no avail.
In the ftrack documentation they are just using an int as well: https://ftrack-python-api.rtd.ftrack.com/en/2.3.0/working_with_entities.html?highlight=bid#updating-entities
Maybe I'm misunderstanding and the task['bid'] does not correspond to the "Bid days" in the web UI?

image.png.0f85413bc72180fb727f37688898e5f5.png

Cheers,
Fernando

Hi Fernando,

I've not been able to reproduce your issue. Things are working as expected with the process outlined below.

Here is the state of my task before:

image.png

Then I edited it with the following code (taken from an interactive Python session):

In [40]: task = session.get("Task", "f6d48138-1e81-11ed-abfe-c2a412b9415f")
In [41]: task["bid"] = 5 * 8 * 60 * 60
In [42]: session.commit()
In [43]:

And the result was as follows:

image.png

You'll notice that the number input in the bid field is an integer representing the number of seconds. This is computed using 8 hours per day because that's what my "Workday length" is set to in my Scheduling settings.

If this is not the behaviour you're seeing, could you provide us with a full set of steps so that maybe we have better luck at reproducing the issue?

Cheers,
Patrick

I got it to work how you suggested: It wasn't clear that I really needed to change the value to seconds to have a high enough number that gets reinterpreted to 5.00 days.
The documentation made it seem that I just had to write the number of days to that value.

Thank you for your answer!

Cheers,
Fernando