Problem while adding Email to Users

Mani Varma

Hi, I'm trying to add an Email address to a User but ftrack displays an error that another User or Collaborator with some User ID has the same username or email. There is no User with that specific email address so it might be listed under Collaborator. Searched the ID through Python API but there were no results,

user = session.query("User where id is '{0}'".format(user_id)).one()

The specific user account has trouble opening Client Review session and my guess was due to lack of an email address which I have trouble adding. Need suggestions and is there any way to search for Collaborator?

Hi Mani,

I think there are maybe a couple things happening here. Regarding the user not being able to open client reviews. In version 4.9 the client reviews now differentiate between users and collaborators.  when adding an internal user as a collaborator they need to also have a role with permission to "view client reviews"

image.png

The other thing is that there cannot be a user with the same email as a collaborator.  bear with me while i look for a snippet to help with that

Thanks for the reply. Well for Project permissions, everything is turned on except for Delete project. I think Client Review session require an email address without which it simply says - Oops, could not find anything here! So a workaround to join the review session without email would help as well.

Yes, they have access to the Project. The account role is set to Team Lead with access to all Open Projects, and the Project is not set to Private either.

Tested out using another object criteria ReviewSessionInvitee,

user = session.query("ReviewSessionInvitee where email is '{0}'".format(user_email)).first()

This returned nothing either. Does having an email set, removing it and then adding again cause this issue? 

• 1 month later...

Hi @Mani Varma

Our sincere apologies for the delayed response here, we realise we totally dropped the ball on this one but would love to get you sorted. May I ask if you are still having this issue, and if so please drop an email to support@ftrack.com as we may need to look into your specific workspace.

Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime here.

Cheers,
Andrew