Houdini Connect Installation

Peter Arcara

I am so confused as to how to install the Houdini Connect Plugin.

Here's where I am so far...

• I have ftrack Connect installed and running
  • I downloaded and extracted "ftrack-connect-houdini-0.4.0"
  • I copied this folder to "...AppData\Local\ftrack\ftrack-connect-plugins"

I am not seeing any changes in ftrack Connect or in Houdini (18.5.696). What am I doing wrong? I feel like I need to change my .env file for Houdini to see the ftrack panels, but I don't know what variables I would set and where to point them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @Peter Arcara thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you have been having issues.
Few questions for you to try to better help:

• What version of connect are you using (1.1.2 or 2.0Rc ) ?
  • Are you launching the integration from within connect with a context (task) selected ?
  • Is your version of houdini py2 or py3 ?
  • What os are you on ? (guess Windows)
  • Can you please send console logs messages and ftrack logs ? 

Looking forward hearing from you.
L.

• What version of connect are you using (1.1.2 or 2.0Rc ) ? - Image attached
  • Are you launching the integration from within connect with a context (task) selected ? - Houdini isn't showing up either place; I just see the defaults (C4D, Ae, Ai, Ps, Pr)
  • Is your version of houdini py2 or py3 ? I'm using python 2
  • What os are you on ? (guess Windows) - Yes, Window's 10 Workstation Edition
  • Can you please send console logs messages and ftrack logs ? - The Ftrack logs are attached; if you're asking about Houdini Console logs, there is no mention of ftrack (just my Arnold Renderer logs)

Thanks for your help with this, and I really appreciate your quick response!

ftrack_connect_907o1auRRD.png

Ftrack_Logs.zip

Hi Peter,

We have had a look at your logs and there seems to be a Houdini launcher created and should be available within ftrack:

ftrack_application_launcer:log:970:

DEBUG - MainThread - 2021-10-14 16:42:00,134 - 118 - ftrack_application_launcher.discover_applications.DiscoverApplications - Creating App launcher <label:Houdini|id:ftrack-connect-launch-houdini|variant:None> with priority 100

As there is py3 builds of Houdini, we are planning to have a rc4 with improved Houdini launch out within the next couple of days. I would suggest you try this out and then lets see if the problem persists, will reach out to you as soon as we have the release available at the forum.

Cheers

/Henrik

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

pls could you provide complete step-by-step tutorial how to install your software....the documentation seems useless

I've install ftrack connect...according to logs it sees my houdini installation but there is nothing in ftrack action panel....

should I set up some config files for ftrack ? for houdini ??? what's next ????

are there any environment variables ? besides FTRACK_CONNECT_PLUGIN_PATH

I must make a decision whether to buy ftrack or not...but i want to test it before...and I don't have much time.

I'm in the same sitation trying to eval frack and it's Connect plugin for Nuke. I found info where to put a zip file on disk to install a Connect plugin, but can't find the dowload. I checked the repo on BitBucket but the latest "ftrack-connect-pipeline-nuke" repo has an empty master branch and no README and the "ftrack-connect-nuke" repo says it's EOL.
Not sure where to from here

Also, where are the docs for the default Hiero plugin? I can only find marketing blurbs and broken links.

Cheers,
frank

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Frank Rueter
as we are still in development phase, our current RC code does not sit in the usual Master or Main branch but on a backlog/connect-2/story .
If you open the commit history you can see in which feature branch we are currently working ;)

Nuke Studio / Hiero documentation are available on our help page as well as in the repo docs

Hope it helps!
L.