Can't open Nuke Studio from Connect.

Toby Angwin

Hi,

We are using an un-managed storage scenario as we are starting to roll out ftrack across our facility and have an existing folder structure that can't easily be changed. We usually do a high volume of shots so I really want to be able to name shots and assign tasks from nuke studio. Now the day we had a support zoom with ftrack and changed from our testing centralised storage back to the automatic unmanaged storage, Nuke Studio seemed to work from connect and I was able to do what I want but now when I try to launch Nuke Studio from connect I get this error: "ftrack.unmanaged" is an invalid location for Nuke Studio to work with.

Nuke/NukeX seem to work pretty well from connect and I can do everything from there but we really want to use all the studio features.

I've downloaded the latest plugins from here too.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Toby Angwin

BluePost

Hi @Toby Angwin , 

Nuke studio currently requires a fully managed location in order to work.
This because we want to have the files output fully handled from the Location and structure ftrack plugin.

We are using an un-managed storage scenario as we are starting to roll out ftrack across our facility and have an existing folder structure that can't easily be changed.

We'll be looking on how we provide such a feature, but cannot provide an ETA atm.
One option you could look into is to convert your folder structure into an ftrack structure plugin for your location.

Hope it helps.
L.