Problem Deleting Asset

eight

Hello,

I'm getting unexpected behavior when I try to delete an Asset with the API. If I delete an Asset on a Task, then list the parent shot's Assets, then that asset is still there.

Here's an example I just came up with:

taskAssets = task.getAssets()taskAssets[0].delete()shot = task.getParent()shotAssets = shot.getAssets()

shotAssets will still have the asset I deleted.

Even if I run this several times, the assets I'm trying to delete are still attached to the shot.

Hi,

I got a little curious and felt that I had to try this, but I didn't manage to reproduce your issue. I copied your example in your first post but shotAssets ended up empty. You should not have to delete all asset versions on it first.

If you can do this again and get back to me it would be great, this should not be happening.

Thanks,

Mattias

• 2 years later...

HI Guys,

I want to delete particular asset from shot.But am not able to delete below mentioned Asset object.

Asset Object: <asset('{'typeid': None, 'name': 'review', 'assetid': '935b5110-621b-4bf4-8b46-f0ed8decfd4e', 'context_id': 'b8e26b24-8bd4-11e6-8556-001e67d20c13', 'entityType': 'asset', 'taskid': None, 'entityId': '935b5110-621b-4bf4-8b46-f0ed8decfd4e'}')>

3 hours ago, dheeraj.bana said:

I want to delete particular asset from shot.But am not able to delete below mentioned Asset object.

Could you provide a self-contained example script where I can reproduce this issue? Please also include information on what permissions the user has who should run the test script.

Archived