Organizing random scripts and tools?

I usually have a folder in my projects for saving python scripts and other useful tools that aren't necessarily linked to a specific scene or asset. Scripts to set up global render settings, or a tool made specifically for the job, or whatever.

I'm not sure the best way to store them in ftrack now that I'm starting to transition projects over (asset build vs folder etc). My guess is that the answer is something along the lines of, "whatever works for you". But I'm curious to see how people are already handling this kind of thing.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Aaron Powell, more than "whatever works for you" is really the fact we try not to enforce these , as are usually defined by studio structures and pipelines.
that said, it really depends on what you are after..... overall if you just have scripts which use the ftrack_python_api, my suggestion would be to have them stored in a central place and mapped to the PYTHONPATH (you can think also to have some inheriting from a central path for utilities and having modules named for each show with the specific code you need.)

On how, you can go from setting PYTHONPATH into the envs to use something like REZ to handle it all from there.
The latter option could be a bit of a stretch , depending on how often you need to maintain these, but might worth the time.

Hope it helps.
L