session cache update

chengshun

Hi,

I was working on a event action script. It is used to collect all notes under one assetVersion and convert them to a doc which will be added to a new note.

It works fine at first. But I found that it can not collect new notes which are created after the starting time of the event script. So I think the problem may be the session cache.

Then I add a code to clear the session: session.cache.clear() at lunch function. But error shows up:

ERROR:ftrack_api.event.hub.EventHub:Error calling subscriber <Subscriber metadata={'id': '723b56730bde4abe81f3c732303f2e9f'} subscription="topic=ftrack.action.launch and data.actionIdentifier=sy.notes-to-docx"> for event <Event {'topic': u'ftrack.action.launch', 'source': {u'id': u'6347029859d2401bb850f5fada92295c', u'user': {u'username': u'chengshun', u'id': u'bcdf57b0-acc6-11e1-a554-f23c91df1211'}}, 'target': u'', 'data': {u'actionIdentifier': u'sy.notes-to-docx', u'selection': [{u'entityId': u'ac013aa4-9065-11ea-bda8-0a58ac1e069e', u'entityType': u'assetversion'}], u'label': u'Notes To Docx'}, 'in_reply_to_event': None, 'id': u'32a6a71deed7415f9e9f9b35277c30ac', 'sent': None}>.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\event\hub.py", line 724, in _handle
    response = subscriber.callback(event)
  File "D:\git\shenyin_pipeline\ftrack\export_notes_to_doc.py", line 98, in launch
    location=server_location
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py", line 1956, in create_component
    'FileComponent', path, data, location
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py", line 2025, in _create_component
    origin_location.add_component(component, path, recursive=False)
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\entity\location.py", line 78, in add_component
    [component], sources=source, recursive=recursive
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\entity\location.py", line 139, in add_components
    details=dict(location=self)
LocationError: No structure defined for location <Location(ce9b348f-8809-11e3-821c-20c9d081909b)>.

And the error comes from the code session.create_component()

I use cache.clear() at another event action script to create folders at the studio network storage and it works fine. Seems like only create function will go wrong after cache.clear().

I put the full script below.

Need some help, thanks.

Popo截图20205151721.png

Edited by Lorenzo Angeli
removed file with sensible informations

Hi @chengshun resetting the cache half way through the action is risky at least.

Something you can try is to rework the query you are doing as such:

entity_ins = self.session.query('select notes from AssetVersion where id is %s' %  sel_id).first()

here you can find one of our examples which shows you how to use the use of ftrack-action-handler and how to attach the result document to the job itself ,so you don't have to save it , hope it helps.
if you are still having issues please let us know.

L.

Thanks, Lorenzo

I'm sorry but It doesn't work.

I tried the session.populate(project, 'notes'), but the result is same as not using the code, just like before when I didn't add cache.clear(). Newly created notes were removed.

Seems like the session data is not updated.

The code I've changed is like below:

image.png.74382f97e756ba9739324c235c2519e7.png

• 4 weeks later...
del asset_version['notes']
session.populate(asset_version, 'notes')

This missing piece here was clearing the cached value of the collection attribute.