warnings when using maya 2015 and latest ftrack_api

Eder Agreda

Hello guys,

I am starting to work  with latest ftrack version with maya and windows. When I use ftrack_api in windows, everything is ok, but, when inside Maya, I get results, but also, lot of warnings, and I wonder if there is a way to fix them.

Any query to ftrack results in these errors..

C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:139: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
  InsecurePlatformWarning,

C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:139: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
  InsecurePlatformWarning,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Eder,

Is that the real path on your computer? Have you tried upgrading to something newer? To just hide the errors, I do something like this for another lib in my dev environment:

For this module specifically:
urllib3.disable_warnings()

General warning suppression:
import warnings
warnings.simplefilter("ignore", urllib3.exceptions.InsecurePlatformWarning)

• 4 weeks later...