CSV update asset attributes

Eric L

Hello,
i cannot figurate how to update asset's attribute that are in a folder through a CSV import, without put all my assets at the root
(else, ftrack import considerate the new imported CSV datas as new assets and tasks instead of detecting them in the folders and just update)
If you guys have a trick for making the import detecting the presence of asset under folders, i would be grateful :D

Eric

Hi Johan,
Here is the excel structure that i copy :
ftrack_xls_asset_creation.thumb.jpg.6eb3b70ccfde8ccdf118510fcf13e25d.jpg

I import it as row based. (it import it at the root of the project)
I move my asset in this folder structure :
Project Name / work / assets /
ftrack_xls_asset_creation2.thumb.jpg.5d509fd59f30ca77f7fa2d9099f9e849.jpg

And if i import again for update this asset, with filling some fields, it will create a new asset with the same task and attributes at the root of the project (Project Name/)

I am wondering my self if i could not directly put the hierarchy folder in the xls for make it located/detected, but don't know how (had some failed with it, it create a folder under the object/asset)

Thanks

ps: don't pay attention to the asset name that have been renamed (in ftrack) during the production :)

I strongly guess that i didn't understand something in the parent/child relations in ftrack on some objects.
For task, i guess i am good, but i cannot figurate how to have a parent "dependency" between other objects as in your video on vimeo with sequence/shot/asset/task "parent relationship" (bad english sorry, hope you understand) and hierarchy automatically "generated"

In this video, you give thoses datas :
import_csv_ftrack_tutorial.jpg.71932439f9e0493f9c9419151ccd6064.jpg

And you get this hierarchy :
import_csv_ftrack_tutorial2.jpg.a625e702dd142e87004b0119eca7be4b.jpg

Is that a predefined hierarchy order/dependency between sequence/shot/tasks "default" objects or can i setup my own in the System Settings ? Because when i push the name of the folder in the same row of an object in the CSV, ftrack create a folder beside the asset.

Not really sure to be clear :D

Thanks

Hi Eric,

If we look at the example from the video, it will use the information in the csv and set the structure according to the setting in:
System settings/Workflow/Objects
You can create your own objects and the objects can be dragged to new position according to your needs:
http://help.ftrack.com/en/articles/1043966-managing-objects

If you want to change something on a current object, using csv, you need to reflect the structure.
So to add a description to already created task "compositing", in this example:
1.png

You could use a csv like this:
csv.png

And get the result:
2.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Johan