locations and s3

narvi

Is it possible to configure FTRACK to use s3 for file storage without installation on premises? I've found some articles on how to confgure it, but can't quite figure out where are these configuration files are. Are they accessible when it's not installed on my premises?

Thanks!

I'm looking to setup ftrack as an asset management solution to keep all the source files for the distributed team there, so i thought maybe there is an option where ftrack stores everything i upload into it into s3-type file storage

I also read that ftrack works with perforce, but this is also probably for local installation?

Hi @narvi,  there was , in the old api , an ftrack s3 accessor to make you able to move data in an out from there, but this is something we have to look back into and port over the new api, hopefully we'll be able to schedule this sooner rather than later. (contributions are welcome though ;) )

Perforce wise, is coming.
It does work as a normal ftrack storage , hence is client side  but do not require local installation of the server .

If you have any more questions please let us know.
Cheers.

L.

• 4 years later...

Hi Team, we are looking to use S3 with Ftrack to store our main assets files on. Has the accessor api been sorted or is there another option for us to use. Our team is all remote based so using Ftrack Studio web based and would like the team to be able to access and store all assets centrally on S3. Please advise the best route.