Auto emails?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

is there a way to manage auto emails? For instance:

• Email to artist who is assigned a task
  • Email to administrator when a version is submitted
  • Email to administrator when a task is set to "pending review"
  • Email to artist when administrator replies or changes status on submitted version
  • Email to artist when administrator changes information or status on task

Hi,

It is possible to have automatic notifications both by email and in your ftrack inbox when certain things happen.

Have a look at this page for a introduction to notifications: http://support.ftrack.com/customer/portal/articles/1060875

And on this page it is explained how to configure them: http://support.ftrack.com/customer/portal/articles/1083166-configure-your-notifications

Finally, if you are an admin you can setup the default notification settings: http://support.ftrack.com/customer/portal/articles/1063722-notifications

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Carl

Okay, I've checked out the notifications options now. Looks awesome. :)

I have the following suggestions:

• Admin can set default notifications for users. I want to decide that my crew will get an email when I give them a task, or change anything in their tasks. -Without relying on all of them to follow my instructions about how to configure their own notification settings.
  • Send mail to user on user creation. I want people to get en email with logon info and default password, when I create them as users. Or a button in the user creation menu that says "send confirmation email" or something like that.
  • Disable digest mail? It's great to have a difference between email notifications and digest mail, but I may not want a digest email at all...

1. This is exactly what will happen if you as an admin change the notification settings in Settings. As long as the users don't change their own settings they will align to the "global" settings.

2. This is something we have on the roadmap - I'll one more vote for it. But I cannot say for sure when it will make it in though.

3. Yes, this is to be able to only turn of the digest email. If you on the other hand disable all email notifications you will not receive the digest either.

Thank you for the feedback!

Cheers,

Carl

Thanks! I've activated all variations of notifications, and turned email notification on, just to check out how all of them work.

Now, an artist uploaded a version and I didn't get an Ftrack notification or email... shouldn't I have?

- jonas

Hi Jonas,

You will get notifications for published versions if you are assigned on the task, assigned on a task with dependencies or if you are a manager.

So for example if you want to receive notifications for all published versions on a project, set yourself as manager for the project. 

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

Carl

Hi Carl,

can you point me to where I set myself to manager on the project?

I can set myself to administrator in the user board, and I can create manager types...

Thanks

- Jonas