Reviewer behavior

jussing

I love the reviewer, but I think it needs some ironing before it's entirely user friendly.

Here's a few issues from today:

• When in "annotations mode", stay in "annotations mode" until exited.
    Now, I activate annotations, draw directions on the frame, and go to another frame to draw on that - and then I have to re-activate annotations mode. Gets cumbersome if you have many frames to draw on. :)
  • It's not possible to attach an annotated frame to a reply to a note
  • Use arrow left & right as frame steps

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

In the new client reviews interface, we modified the annotations behaviour slightly, so that it is always in "annotations mode" while paused. Maybe this would be a better approach for ftrackreview as well. What do you think?

Not being able to reply with an annotated frame is a known limitation. We haven't been able to find a good way to handle this in the UI.

Using left and right arrows to frame step should be supported. Are you getting the expected behaviour?

Regards,

In the new client reviews interface, we modified the annotations behaviour slightly, so that it is always in "annotations mode" while paused. Maybe this would be a better approach for ftrackreview as well. What do you think?

Absolutely. It's about minimizing the clicks and modes the user has to activate and deactivate. And you wouldn't click/draw on the image for any other reason than to draw or write annotations on it, so might as well make it default. :)

Using left and right arrows to frame step should be supported. Are you getting the expected behaviour?

Yes, I am now! I swear it wasn't working when I posted. :) I will follow up if I can reproduce it.

Thanks

- Jonas

Archived