Issues with Launcher -> Hiero -> Export shots to Ftrack

jussing

Hey all, brand new user here.

I have just been trying out the workflow of starting Hiero from the launcher, to export the shots into Ftrack. Here's some issues I ran into:

• In the launcher - I can't launch any app until I select a task. But there are no tasks in my project yet, because I haven't created the shots yet, because that's what I want to launch Hiero to do... catch 22.
  • If I create a phaux task in the web interface first, then I can start Hiero through the launcher
  • When I select my shots and right-click, Hiero stalls about 30 seconds before showing me the menu
  • The first time I selected export, the export window told me "no ftrack destination selected", and the "browse" button did nothing, so I was stalled.
  • After a restart, I was able to use the browse button to browse into my project and select the proper desination for export.
  • The export itself went fine, with all shots and thumbnails correctly created in Ftrack.
  • However, every shot has been created with two default tasks - "editing" and "compositing" - which is not what I want. I want to copy-paste my own spreadsheet of tasks.

So, the actual questions are:

• Any idea what causes the 30 second delay when I right click my shots in Hiero? (there's no delay if I start Hiero without the launcher - but then I don't have the Ftrack menu)
    EDIT: this problem has gone away now... leave that and the other issues as observations then. :)
  • Is there a way to launch a program without selecting a task?
  • Can I prevent the export from creating the default "editing" and "compositing" tasks for every shot?

Thanks! :)

- Jonas

Hi Jonas,

> Is there a way to launch a program without selecting a task?

No there is no way at the moment. The plugin requires a task to be selected before launch.

> Can I prevent the export from creating the default "editing" and "compositing" tasks for every shot?

Unfortunately not at the moment. The reason for this is that other plugins requires those two tasks to be available. However, we will in a near future release new versions of our plugins and this will be one of the changes. You are more than welcome to get back to us with feedback on the current plugins in order to make the new versions even better.

Cheers

Archived