Action categorization?

katalina-w

Hi,

Now that I've been setting up actions, I've been wondering if you've considered creating the ability to categorize actions, as in being able to set certain actions to only display when a version (or multiple versions) is selected and right-clicked, and other actions to only display when a shot is right-clicked, etc. Certain actions (like creating folders) apply to asset builds and shots but not to asset versions, etc, and this may be confusing for users. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Kat

Hi Kat,

the next versions of actions will have a lot more functionality. For example ability to specify context like you said, parameters so you can ask a user to specify a few values before running the action and permissions.

We wanted to keep the first version very simple to see if you found it useful, and then gather feedback.

Is context the most important for you, or is there something else I have not mentioned?

Cheers

This indeed sounds great.  As we dig deeper into actions we are seeing a great deal of potential. 

One other thing I would like to suggest is custom actions linked within user roles. 

For instance only our restricted project managers should be able to generate asset build directories or something else we may want to lock down to specific people.

Thanks,

JV

Archived