"Current" folder after publishing

Robin

Hello,

I'm new to ftrack and trying to get used to it. Is there a way to tell ftrack to copy the latest publish into a "current" folder in addition to the version up folder? So i get a folder Structer after a new publish that looks like this:

v001

v002

v003

current (has data of v003)

Thank you,

Best,

Robin

Hi Robin !

Although totally doable , with an event that intercept the publishing event and update a folder with a symlink , or copying to the latest version, this is not something I would suggest doing.

When you embrace an asset management system you should almost forget the file system structure and rely on the server queries* to see what's the latest/current version. This because latest or current, could not be the latest published but , possibly , the latest approved, or not even on the same disk.

If you always have to rely on latest published, my suggestion would be to code a small tool to pick the latest published through the api only.

Hope it helps.
If you have any other question, please let us know !

L.

* eg: the file system where assets are published is not available to the artists to look into, or based on id rather than names, so the published files cannot be modified.

Archived