Component paths in Web UI not getting resolved

L Smallwood

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting ftrack Connect to resolve component paths in the UI.  It's not adding the prefix that I have specified in the custom location I've set up in System Settings.  There are no errors in the ftrack_connect.log file.

A few relevant bits of info:

- Running on Mac OSX

- Using ftrack Connect 1.1.3

- We are using rez for package management.  I am launching ftrack Connect after setting the rez environment by executing "open -a" on the ftrack_connect.app directory, rather than double-clicking on it in the finder.

- I do have a simple custom location plugin specified.  I have a connect_plugin_hook.py file that is based off this tutorial example:

http://ftrack-connect.rtd.ftrack.com/en/stable/developing/tutorial/adding_a_location.html

- The connect_plugin_hook.py and the custom location code (configure_location.py) are both in the same directory.

- I've set the following environment variables to all point to the directory containing connect_plugin_hook.py and configure_location.py:  FTRACK_CONNECT_PLUGIN_PATH, FTRACK_EVENT_PLUGIN_PATH, FTRACK_LOCATION_PLUGIN_PATH.  (Just trying to keep things simple for now)

I can tell from the log file that the "register" function in connect_plugin_hook.py is called, it is importing my configure_location.py code successfully and registering that, but the modify_application_launch procedure in connect_plugin_hook.py is never getting called.  Could there be a problem with the event listener?  My code for subscribing to the event is identical to the example:

def register(session, **kw):
    '''Register plugin to session.'''

# Validate that session is an instance of ftrack_api.Session. If not,
    # assume that register is being called from an incompatible API
    # and return without doing anything.
    if not isinstance(session, ftrack_api.Session):
        # Exit to avoid registering this plugin again.
        return

logger.info('Connect plugin discovered.')

import configure_location
    configure_location.register(session)
    session.event_hub.subscribe(
        'topic=ftrack.connect.application.launch',
        modify_application_launch
    )

Are there problems with my setup that you can tell from my description?  Where else can I look to find out what is going wrong?

Thanks a bunch!

-- Lori

Hi Lori,

if you are using rez,  you can have a look in here for ftrack-connect 1.1.3 package: http://git.efestolab.uk/rez/rez-ftrack/blob/master/ftrack_connect/1.1.3/package.py
The web ui path is resolved through this hook contained in ftrack-connect resources in :https://bitbucket.org/ftrack/ftrack-connect/src/master/resource/hook/resolve.py 
Add that folder to FTRACK_EVENT_PLUGIN_PATH and PYTHONPATH and you should get your paths resolved.

If you have any issue please let me know.

Cheers.

L.

Archived