CentOS 7 Connect No Qt Binding Were Found

AnthonyM

On a fresh install of CentOS 7.4 I can't run Connect. After the first failure I installed PyQt4, PySide2, and qt4 but still happens.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/anthony/Downloads/ftrack-connect-package/library.zip/cx_Freeze__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
  File "/home/anthony/Downloads/ftrack-connect-package/library.zip/ftrack_connect_package__main__.py", line 108, in <module>
  File "/home/anthony/Downloads/ftrack-connect-package/common.zip/ftrack_connect/__main__.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/QtExt/__init__.py", line 25, in <module>
  File "/home/anthony/Downloads/ftrack-connect-package/common.zip/Qt.py", line 251, in <module>
  File "/home/anthony/Downloads/ftrack-connect-package/common.zip/Qt.py", line 248, in _init
ImportError: No Qt binding were found.

Any thoughts?

Which version of Qt.Py are you running?

Can you check if you have PySide or PyQt4 in the PYTHONPATH?

I would suggest setting a debugger in Qt.Py where the error is raised https://github.com/mottosso/Qt.py/blob/master/Qt.py#L1676 and check what you have in the environment at that moment. Try to run the import manually to check if there is an import error.

It's a clean install of CentOS, so I didn't have anything installed in the path. I've installed PyQt4 4.10.1 and PySide 1.2.4 now. Same error. I opened up the Common.zip and Library.zip, imported those Qt.py's and I didn't get any errors. I can import both PySide and PyQt fine.

I'm confused though, shouldn't the connect package 'binary' downloaded from the downloads page work out of the box without dependencies?

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue on a freshly installed Centos 7. I'm trying to launch 0.7.5 from the tarball provided at https://www.ftrack.com/en/portfolio/connect

My Qt.py contains the following at line 235 and onwards:

for binding in bindings:
        _log("Trying %s" % binding.__name__[1:], verbose)

try:
            sys.modules[__name__] = binding()
            return

except ImportError as e:
            _log(" - ImportError(\"%s\")\n" % e, verbose)

continue

Is this what you wanted to know?

Edit: running python from the terminal, I'm able to import everything Qt.py tries to import, except for the QT5 stuff as I don't have QT5 installed.

0.7.5 - I've also tried to run it on two different fresh installed vm's with slightly different presets (install groups, like development) to see if that was it.

It prints:

<function _pyside at 0x7ffb1c179b18>

Edit: Also tested 0.7.4 and no go. So weird that this doesn't work.

Libpng12 fixes it for me as well. I second the idea the dependency should be listed in documentation from somewhere. Looking at the installation instructions, it wasn't clear to me that any packages beyond what stock CentOS provides are needed.

Archived