Milestone is doing wrong math

Luigi

Hi,

Since in ftrack I can connect specific tasks to a milestone, I'm using the upcoming dates widgets in the dashboard to have a percentage status view (e.g. for sprints).

As far as I understood the milestone is calculating just the connected "Done" states. If yes, unfortunately it's not calculating the right way (e.g. 4 task done of 33 are shown up as 15%).

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2018 at 5:38 PM, Luigi said:

Since in ftrack I can connect specific tasks to a milestone, I'm using the upcoming dates widgets in the dashboard to have a percentage status view (e.g. for sprints).

As far as I understood the milestone is calculating just the connected "Done" states. If yes, unfortunately it's not calculating the right way (e.g. 4 task done of 33 are shown up as 15%).

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow - can you get a percentage complete from the "Upcoming dates" widget? Perhaps you could add some screen grabs to explain.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that this is an issue just in the ftrack version 3.5.6.4561. 

I have linked to the milestone 26 tasks (7 not started, 11 In Progress and 8 In Review) and the milestone is showing 11% in the dashboard even if no task is in the state "Done"

In Version 3.5.13.4598 it's calculating correctly = 0%

As soon as I have a task in state "Done" I have 4% (rounded from 3.84%)

So this is actually just an issue for user using the older version ;)

Archived