Play with thumbnail bug

tokejepsen

Hey,

I think this is a bug. When you have a thumbnail that is shared between two assetversions, and you click the thumbnail to open the webplayer, you'll get the same component played for both assetversions.

Reproducible:
1. Create two assetversions.
2. Create a review component on each assetversion.
3. Create one thumbnail on either of the assetversions, and share the thumbnail with the other.
4. Open the webplayer with the thumbnail on either assetversions, and it'll play the same review component.

Well I think that this is a flaw/confusion in the current system more than a bug. What happens is that when you click the thumbnail all we consider is the thumbnail component that you clicked and what version it is attached to (component['version'] relation).

The recommended solution for now is probably for you to not share the thumbnail component between the versions.

On 03/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, tokejepsen said:

If you'll be fixing it in the future, I'd rather leave the code alone because to produce an thumbnail would need external library dependencies.

Hi Toke, I cannot promise that we will fix this.

Btw. are you not able to just download the thumbnail and upload it again? To clone it without a external library?

Archived