Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'pdf'.
So I have been outputting PDF docs of various data over the last few weeks for reviews and I am finding little quirks that are a bit annoying. Maybe this is different in fTrack v3, but I do not know. In some cases the data seen in the viewer is not what necessarily prints in the PDF. Like when viewing a List and then showing the List in "Shot/Asset Build" view, you see shots, with associated Tasks when you expand each shot. When exporting a PDF, you do not get the Tasks listed out as expected. I finally found a way for it to work and it is only when I view "All" for the project and not a List, but when I have data like this: (pardon the blurred spots, project is still not public yet) Nice and clean visually. Sequence, Shot, Tasks. No hierarchy naming like "ProjectName/Sequence/Shot/Task" for every item. When I export a PDF for this though I will get this: I find the extra bits of name data visual distracting and makes for a hard quick reading. Ideally it would be simple just like the actual source view in the first photo. So for example a shot name currently shows as... "PROJECT NAME" / 010 (cameron) / 001 ...would simply read as... 001 ...and so forth for the others. Sequences and Tasks. "PROJECT NAME" / 010 (cameron) / 001 / Remove wires ...should be... - Remove wires The key name is already mentioned and it's not like it's miles away from the rest of the data to not easily find it. Here's a mockup: Just my two cents. Thanks.