All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. hehe, that's what comments are for Glad you sorted it ! Cheers. L.
  3. Great, let us know if you find any issue ! Cheers. L.
  4. Yup, that was it! Thanks man, that's hilarious, i didn't notice it until working on this ftrack plugin, so it seemed like it was specific to this. Nope, just my own config code for the app, that I WROTE like 2 years ago lol.
  5. Perfect this is exactly what i'm looking to do thanks @Lorenzo Angeli
  6. Hi @Tom Mikota, glad to see you managed to get your head around the query system ! overall to keep in mind: <query>.all() --> return all result or an empty list <query>.one() --> return the result or error if not found <query>.first() --> return the result or None if not found You can find more details in our api documetation Hope it helps. L.
  7. Hi @Tom Mikota it seems the root logger is set to debug somewhere. you can try for now to set this on top of your script: import logging logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO) Hope it helps. L.
  8. Hi @Tom Mikota I know well what you are doing as I've been doing this with Ffmpeg before and I can confirm all works as it should. My suggestion is to produce two videos, one prores 4XX for local review purposes and one mp4 for web review. To manually set the video you can use this : http://ftrack-python-api.rtd.ftrack.com/en/stable/example/web_review.html?highlight=upload which won't re encode it . Hope it helps. L
  9. Lorenzo Angeli

thumbnails

Hi, I've replied at your support ticket. A potential solution is on its way. L.
  10. Last week
  11. guiramalho

thumbnails

This is the problem ! This changes the frame but they still the same. I don´t want to use the poster frame. I have an sliced reference clip the thumbnail must came from it´s cut´s in or mid point, not the original clip poster frame. Cheers. G.
  12. I'm wondering how to mute this kind of feed from the ftrack session: 2019-07-17 11:37:48,561 DEBUG Checking for entity in cache with key ('Status', ['a0bc2444-15e2-11e1-b21a-0019bb4983d8']) "C:\Users\tmiko\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py:967" 2019-07-17 11:37:48,561 DEBUG Retrieved existing entity from cache: <Status(a0bc2444-15e2-11e1-b21a-0019bb4983d8)> at 582088240 "C:\Users\tmiko\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py:974" 2019-07-17 11:37:48,561 DEBUG Cache not updated with merged entity as no differences detected. "C:\Users\tmiko\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py:998" 2019-07-17 11:37:48,561 DEBUG Merging potential new data into attached entity for attribute task_status. "C:\Users\tmiko\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\ftrack_api\attribute.py:36" 2019-07-17 11:37:48,561 DEBUG Merging remote value for attribute <ftrack_api.attribute.ReferenceAttribute(task_status) object at 571977800>. "C:\Users\tmiko\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\ftrack_api\attribute.py:73" 2019-07-17 11:37:48,561 DEBUG Merging entity into session: <Status(a0bc3f24-15e2-11e1-b21a-0019bb4983d8)> at 582088408 "C:\Users\tmiko\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py:852" 2019-07-17 11:37:48,561 DEBUG Entity not already processed for key ('Status', ['a0bc3f24-15e2-11e1-b21a-0019bb4983d8']). "C:\Users\tmiko\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py:962" What's odd to me is that i don't get it when i just run command line tests. I do get it when i'm running from my custom pyside GUIs. I'm guessing i just set something somewhere that i'm not aware of.
  13. So i've been using an ffmpeg script to create high quality h264 versions of everything before i upload and that works fine every time. I tried a bunch of different things before that. (let me know if you want the script) I'm super interested in the "proper" Prores Workflow though. Soon i'll be creating those for editorial purpose, but i hadn't thought about actually uploading them. I was planning to just make an h264 as well as a ProRes from existing CG frames. Would love to know workflows/strategies people are using. Right now i'm using "encode" simply becaqse it creates the thumbnail for me. But i think i'll likely switch over to just uploading the thumb myself so i avoid all "in server" processing. Is that an option? I found the "encode" example on here and it worked so i used it. But I'd love to just upload something in the correct format for it to play directly, and upload the thumbnail myself as to require 0 actual encoding on the server. Would love to know the "correct" workflow for that.
  14. So here's some more information just if anybody is interested: This code is searching for a sequence that doesn't exist: seqs = session.query('Sequence where name is "{0}" and project.id is "{1}"'.format('060', project_data['id'])).first() .first() returns None seqs = session.query('Sequence where name is "{0}" and project.id is "{1}"'.format('060', project_data['id'])).one() .one() returns: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/tmiko/PycharmProjects/cglumberjack/src/plugins/project_management/ftrack/ftrack_unit_tests/ftrack_tests.py", line 16, in <module> seqs = session.query('Sequence where name is "{0}" and project.id is "{1}"'.format('060', project_data['id'])).one() File "C:\Users\tmiko\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\ftrack_api\query.py", line 167, in one raise ftrack_api.exception.NoResultFoundError() ftrack_api.exception.NoResultFoundError: Expected result, but no result was found. This is the one that is screwing me up - so i'll avoid using this .all() returns: [] So that's a good option as well. If i don't have anything telling ftrack what to return i get a QueryResult object This at least demystifies why i'm getting different results.
  15. Ok I'm learning more about this already. QueryResult happens when i fail to put .one(), first(), or all() on the end of my query. This is going to make a huge difference moving forward. Going through and fixing some of these right now and tightening up my code. Still curious as to if there's another way other than querying and then creating based off the results. But this is getting cleaner!
  16. I want to create a project (or Sequence, or Shot, or AssetVersion, etc....) but right now i'm using all kinds of different ways of checking to see if something exists before i create it. I'm guessing there's some simple way of doing this that i'm just not aware of. For instance. To Create a Project Currently I'm doing something like this: project_data = session.query('Project where status is active and name is %s' % 'cgl_unittest2').first() print project_data if not project_data: project_data = session.create('Project', { 'name': 'cgl_unittest2', 'full_name': 'cgl_unittest2', 'project_schema': project_schema }) Problem is when unsuccessful these queries return: None, QueryResult, or sometimes they return an error. So i'm creating all kinds of workarounds for the fact that there is often different results returned depending on the type i'm querying. is there some kind of 'safe' flag on the create() function or some other way of checking to see if something exists before creating it?
  17. Lorenzo Angeli

thumbnails

Hi @guiramalho, I'm in the process of checking if there's any better way of doing the frame extraction, but what you are seeing are the default settings used by Hiero for the PosterFrame (which is what we are currently using internally) There are various ways you can define which frame to be used for now, either on the source clips: https://learn.foundry.com/nuke/content/timeline_environment/ingest/searching_bins.htm Or on the project settings: https://learn.foundry.com/nuke/content/timeline_environment/conforming/project_settings.html I'll reply to your ticket when I've more news about updates on the code side. Cheers. L.
  18. guiramalho

thumbnails

Hi @Lorenzo Angeli, this is not what is happening. It is not getting the mid frame, it is getting the first frame of the clip ignoring the edit. That´s why they are all the same. I did sent you an email thru support. Cheers. G.
  19. @John Su, I've finished off testing now the remote encoding using as example a file (ProRes HQ 422 ) I downloaded from here the encode has been done with the following code: import ftrack_api session = ftrack_api.Session() version = session.query('AssetVersion').all()[-1] version.encode_media('c://path/to/PRORESHQ.mov') The remote encoding task finishes successfully and I can play back the video in the component. Hope it helps. L.
  20. Hi @John Su, please have a look in here, by the end you'll find instructions on how to access the logs. Cheers. L.
  21. Lorenzo Angeli

thumbnails

Hi @guiramalho , this seems to be a file from the nuke studio integration . The code for the thumbnail in there is quite simple and pick the mid frame, please feel free to drop an email to support with suggestions on how it should behave and we'll be looking into it. Cheers. L.
  22. guiramalho

thumbnails

When I export shots from an sliced clip or a sequence, all the shots gets the same thumbnail.... I just found this comment in the ftrack_base_processor.py about the thumbnail... # TODO: pick frame from mid length clip or cut Having the right thumbnail is crucial ! Any clue how to fix this ?
  23. Oh yes Francois! our setup looks very similar and when staff see that wall of squares all same colour their immediately stop using it, or dont even start. I know this seems like a small issue but for people moving from spreadsheets this is a deal breaker.
  24. Cant wait for the client review tools to be in the web review! Directors and supervisers crying out fro this.
  25. Oh I see. Yes I voted for this back in July last year.
  26. Earlier
  27. No python api session in browser, the information between the desktop (path) and the server will be transmitted through the event system.
  28. In regards to "The environment variable will tell the session object where to pick up its plugins (the resolve in this case)." does the specific "session object" live in browser? Because it definitely doesn't start locally in any python intepreter as one can browse ftrack web without python installed.
  1. Load more activity