All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Apparently my code worked, the error was due to the "asset" key having a capital A on the creation of my AssetVersion.
  3. Hello, would love to get an invite as well! Cheers!
  4. Last week
  5. Hello everyone! For the needs of our production, i'm developping a tool that will have to create ReviewSessions filleds with ReviewSessionsObject on AssetsVersion that are not linked to a task. Basically, i need to use the api to do what this button in the review session would do: To achieve this i have written the following code: assetParent = session.query('Project where name is "MyProject"').first() assetType = session.query('AssetType where name is "Upload"').one() asset = session.create('Asset',{ 'name': 'MyAsset', 'type': assetType, 'parent': assetParent }) assetVersion = session.create('AssetVersion',{ 'Asset' : asset, }) review_session_objects = session.create('ReviewSessionObject', { 'name': 'Test', 'description': 'This is a test', 'review_session': session.query('ReviewSession where name is "MyReviewSession"').first(), 'asset_version' : assetVersion }) assetVersion.create_component( 'image.png', data={'name': 'FileName'}, location=session.query('Location where name is "ftrack.server"').one() ) session.commit() which outputs me the following error message: Server reported error: PermissionError(Permission denied: not allowed to 'create' 'FileComponent'. Missing the required 'READ_PROJECT' permission.) Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py", line 1912, in create_component collection = clique.parse(path) File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\clique\__init__.py", line 248, in parse raise ValueError('Value did not match pattern.') ValueError: Value did not match pattern. Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py", line 1912, in create_component collection = clique.parse(path) File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\clique\__init__.py", line 248, in parse raise ValueError('Value did not match pattern.') ValueError: Value did not match pattern. During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\entity\location.py", line 249, in add_components self._register_components_in_location( File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\entity\location.py", line 409, in _register_components_in_location self.session.commit() File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py", line 1265, in commit result = self.call(batch) File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py", line 1643, in call raise ftrack_api.exception.ServerError(error_message) ftrack_api.exception.ServerError: Server reported error: PermissionError(Permission denied: not allowed to 'create' 'FileComponent'. Missing the required 'READ_PROJECT' permission.) During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\Users\florent.dupont\Documents\ReviewVR_test\FtrackTest.py", line 33, in <module> assetVersion.create_component( File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\entity\asset_version.py", line 47, in create_component return self.session.create_component(path, data=data, location=location) File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py", line 1921, in create_component return self._create_component( File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\session.py", line 1994, in _create_component location.add_component(component, origin_location, recursive=False) File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\entity\location.py", line 89, in add_component return self.add_components( File "C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\ftrack_api\entity\location.py", line 254, in add_components raise ftrack_api.exception.LocationError( ftrack_api.exception.LocationError: Failed to register components with location <ServerLocation("ftrack.server", 3a372bde-05bc-11e4-8908-20c9d081909b)> due to error: b' 'Server reported error: PermissionError(Permission denied: not allowed to 'create' 'FileComponent'. Missing the required 'READ_PROJECT' permission.) b' 'Transferred component data that may require cleanup: [(<dynamic ftrack FileComponent object 2661302031888>, 'f6212010-f527-44d2-ac3e-5f1034c8c69b')] Now my API key has the same right as my user and the user can definitly create it from the ftrack UI. I have tried adding the component on an AssetVersion that was created via the UI and it works, so i believe there's something wrong with the way i create my Asset, AssetVersion or my ReviewSessionObject, but i cannot figure out what, and i've found no useful information on this matter in the documentation. Thanks in advance for any help on this
  6. Hi Toke, Thank you for the feedback! I have added your input as a feature request for future updates. Have a nice day! Regards Simon
  7. Hi Bryan, Thank you for you feedback! I will send this to the development team as they are further developing the new player. Regards Simon
  8. Hi Bryan, Thank you for you feedback! Yes, the experimental player has difficulty sorting versions, this is know and something we are looking at when further developing the player. As of now, this is an experimental feature and is not ready for wide use. Thanks again! Regards Simon
  9. Hi Johannes, Thank you for the feedback! I have added your input as a feature request for future updates. Have a nice day! Regards Simon
  10. Hey little "UI/UX" request. I think it would be nice to display the "asset" metadata, on the asset version sidepane in a seperate section. Cheers Johannes
  11. Hi Fernando, I will ask our development team to take a look at this. I'll get back to you when I have more information. Regards Simon
  12. Earlier
  13. Hi, our project is structured like this: Provider Product 1 Task 1 Task 2 Product 2 Task 1 Task 4 Provider and Product are entities. I would like to get all products were the last activity within the corresponding tasks was more than 48 hours ago. I already tried with the Event. But it seems I only get Events from Tasks, not from Products. And I do not seem to find a possibility to narrow down to 48 hours. I also tried it with StatusChange, but this way I see all StatusChanges and not specific for my project. And it is taskbased. When I start from the Task, I do not get to order it. Any way to achieve what I want? Thanks in Advance I am using the Python API
  14. Hello, After upgrading from 4.1.7 to 4.3.7, thumbnails are not being displayed. When we upload, the upload happens successfully, however thumbnails are not displayed. We see this message in ftrack_thumbor.log: 2020-07-28 09:24:32 tornado.general:WARNING SSL Error on 8 ('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', 443): [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581) We followed the troubleshooting steps for Thumbnails from this article, adding our certificates (we have a commercial, not self-signed cert) to the root certificates: https://help.ftrack.com/en/articles/1040537-using-https However the problem persists. Anyone able to assist please? Thanks, Fernando.
  15. Hey, It would be great to be able to collapse the sorting sections you get in each column in "My Tasks". Let me know if this is unclear.
  16. Can I get an invite as well! Thanks
  17. i want to bump this topic and ask if there are good approaches available? would be interested to read how you approached a solution so far. thanks.
  18. Rory

Importing Modules

Thanks Lorenzo - Added the PYTHONPATH as a environment variable and the terminal python3 finds everything fine. But I still get :- 2020-07-23 11:55:05,089 - ftrack_api.plugin.discover - WARNING - Failed to load plugin from "/Users/rory/Library/Application Support/ftrack-connect-plugins/ftrack-connect-example/hook/ftrack-connect-example_hook.py": No module named "..." Is there a caching or something that needs to be cleared ? Thanks,
  19. Just wanted to follow up on this - is it supported in the API yet, or still not? Doesn't seem to be possible still via the web interface, is that correct?
  20. Hi @Bryan Fordney we have a similar integration for Nuke Studio and we are looking into the user base requests for other DCC applications. Are these the kind of features you would be after ? Cheers. L.
  21. DaVinci Resolve has limited support for importing EDLs. I think its limited support is a good convention to replicate in Ftrack. Basically, when you import a clip into Resolve (a single movie), you can also import an EDL. The EDL is only used to determine where the cut points are; the actual clip filenames in the EDL aren't used. Also, the EDL must be very simple - a single track. The same functionality would be useful when uploading a long video to Ftrack, to provide cut points to jump between. A further improvement would be associating those cut points to Ftrack entities, for example if each cut point represents a "shot", being able to associate the long movie with the actual Ftrack shots. But I can see that being difficult.
  22. When selecting many versions (such as previewable movies) in the Versions view and selecting to play in the Experimental Player, the versions are not in any useful order. They are not in the order from the Versions view itself, or in alphabetical order, or in publish date order either.
  23. The new player doesn't let you mark notes as completable.
  24. Lorenzo Angeli

Importing Modules

Hi @Rory , as long as the module you are importing are in PYTHONPATH it should work. If you have both python2 and 3 available be careful though as the variable is the same for both and can lead to issues. If you still have issues, please send the relevant code to our support providing details about where the third party module is located and how has it been installed. Cheers. L.
  25. Rory

Importing Modules

Morning All, Not sure if I am missing something - I have an action where I am trying to call an in-house module for folder creation on disk. This requires an import of that module that I setup with sys.path.append or the like for Python3.8. But it just keeps failing ? Any thoughts ? Thanks
  26. Rory

Action on Shot

Thanks so much - great help
  27. I usually have a folder in my projects for saving python scripts and other useful tools that aren't necessarily linked to a specific scene or asset. Scripts to set up global render settings, or a tool made specifically for the job, or whatever. I'm not sure the best way to store them in ftrack now that I'm starting to transition projects over (asset build vs folder etc). My guess is that the answer is something along the lines of, "whatever works for you". But I'm curious to see how people are already handling this kind of thing.
  28. Hi Ozen, I wouldn't rely on their being a stable sort order in the internal review. (Consider the case of selecting multiple versions of an Asset. Then there will not even be as many items on the timeline as you had clicked.) Client reviews do have an ordering (which you can drag and drop to re-order or use the API to set the sort_order attribute directly). I'm afraid we might have to file it as a feature request, having an order-able list of clips in the experimental internal review tool.
  1. Load more activity