All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Hi Angelique, Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sending this in. You should be able to use "Adjust to bid" on multiple tasks. So I have reported this as a bug. We will look at a fix for the behaviour. Regards, Johan
  3. No box at all. We are all in the same project, however not all in the same context. When it breaks on me, it breaks everywhere regardless of project or selection context. And everyone can still access the actions on any context on any project. Everyone is logged with their own credentials. But it seems user related since I can log in from a different machine using my ftrack credentials, and it still wont show up. And when it fixes itself, I am able to access the actions menu from any computer. I was able to replicate my problem by having multiple (2) ftrack web pages open. I am logged in as the same user on both of them. It works on one of them (the first one I had open) and it doesn't work on the other. I just closed down my Chrome entirely, and also quit the Ftrack-Connect app. I restarted everything, and actions box still not appearing.
  4. TDArlt

Gantt Chart - export

A small update for everyone listening here: I've made the first steps for creating the Gantt-exporter. It's not finished, but might be sufficient for some of you already: https://github.com/TDArlt/ftrack/tree/master/ftrack-connect/export-gantt-chart I will keep you updated 🙂
  5. Hi Eric, Thanks for reporting this. I have reported it to the team as a bug. You can send bug reports to support if you want. Regards, Johan
  6. Hi Alican, Are you experiencing an empty box for actions or no box at all? When you look at others, where it works, are you in the same project and same context? Regards, Johan
  7. Hi Andrea, Thanks for reporting this. Seems that the dashboard is not using correct time for the date. I have reported the behaviour to the team. Regards, Johan
  8. Hello, found a bug on enumerator (Single selection) attribute when exporting to excel (whatever the format) My values are thoses ones : Ceramic value1 Concrete - Asphalt value2 Fabric value3 Ground value4 Leather value5 Marble - Granite value6 Metal value7 Organic value8 Paint value9 Paper value10 Plaster value11 Plastic - Rubber value12 Stone value13 Terracotta value14 Translucent value15 Wood value16 Foliage value17 Flowers value18 Sticks - Branches value19 Insects - Seashells value20 Rock - Pebbles value21 Debris value22 Hardware value23 Sorry it is long So here the bug is, A : If i have Stone (value13) on an asset, ftrack will export this data: "Ceramic, Stone" B : If i have Debris (Value22) on an asset, ftrack will export this data: "Concrete - Asphalt, Debris" It seems that ftrack take the first number and, also the full number instead of taking only the full number. So in A, it give values 1, 13 and in B, it give values 2, 22 Thanks Eric ps: where do we report bugs ?
  9. Hello I'd like to know if there is a way of applying the Adjust to bid (right clic drop down menu on a task) to multiple tasks at the same time. I tried holding ctrl key and selecting many tasks but the right clic > adjust to bid doesn't work at all of them. Does this feature exist ? If not, can we implement it please, as it is very efficient when you have 500 tasks project to adjust to bid at once. Thank you very much
  10. Hello Everyone! Sometimes, (like right now) Actions menu will not show up when I click on Actions. Other users in my studio is able to use it just fine. I tried doing the same steps from a different computer, and it wont show up on those either. So far I've tried different browsers, clearing cache on Chrome (Which is the browser we all use 99% of the time), and relaunching the Ftrack-Connect on the desktop., and restarting my computer numerous times. Has anyone else had this issue in the past, and how was it resolved? Thank you in advance!!
  11. Invited! Regards, Johan
  12. Hi Kay, which OS are you using? It works fine for me on OSX. Does the action work correctly on previous versions of Photoshop? Can you verify that you have published a PSD file to the task you have selected in Connect?
  13. Thanks, Lucas! It seems like I did not try this, although it totally makes sense - and works perfectly.
  14. Earlier
  15. Thanks for the quick fix on the docs, certainly clears up some confusion I had, haha. Regex would be very appreciated and powerful. I am also facing a need to validate statuses though, so I wonder if there's a way for a regex to apply to that field as well. It would be a little more abstract than than naming validation I guess, but I could see it still working. That may be out of scope though, if the discussion here is determined to be focused purely on validating text fields or something. The way that old validate function worked seems to be the right idea implementation-wise. I understand if the new API ruled out that type of event interception though. Overall the need seems to be having the chance to validate an event before it actually happens. That's the common thread with all of these issues - the fact that currently ANY validation needs to be the product of detecting a change and reverting it, as well as completely custom logic, is quite daunting and taking up a decent amount of my development time. I'm not familiar enough with the API yet to be thinking about performance, but I'm sure that would increase too when we aren't reverting so many changes.
  16. Hi Johan, Could you please send me an invite? Cheers, Roy
  17. The Python API Client often uses relationships (e.g. status) to update entities, but when using the raw API backend or the JS API client I recommend that you instead the relationship key attributes instead. In this case, that would be `status_id`. A more complete example of a request body would be: [ { "action": "update", "entity_type": "Task", "entity_key": [ "12bd29be-72b0-11e7-96a7-0a580ae40a16" ], "entity_data": { "status_id": "44dd9fb2-4164-11df-9218-0019bb4983d8", "__entity_type__": "Task" } } ] Regards, Lucas
  18. HI @Dimitri Lucy, glad to hear ! let us know if anything else comes up L.
  19. Thank you ! It's working now, it was a mistake by me, two different python version in conflict + old legacy api thanks !
  20. Hi @Dimitri Lucy, whenever you are manipulating the PYTHONPATH I suggest extending it rather than overwriting it with something like : PYTHONPATH=%PYTONPATH%:C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\ftrack_api On the error you are having though, seems to me that you are installing the new api , but trying to import the legacy ones. Could you please try to import ftrack_api rather than ftrack ? Let us know how it goes ! Cheers. L.
  21. Thank you Johan !
  22. Hello, I have a problem with custom dashboard in overview. I selected to filter it according to start date and due date, but the dashboard doesn't correctly correspond with real selected dates. Basically the dashboard shows it always one day sooner. This is what the dashboard says: And this is what is really in the shot info: Is there some setting I am missing or is it just a bug? Thank you
  23. Invited! Regards, Johan
  24. I'm on Windows 10, maya 2018 Python 2.7.17 ftrack python api installed by "pip install ftrack-python-api" I start maya with classic maya executable. I added a var sytem : PYTHONPATH =C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\ftrack_api In terminal, it's ok but in maya "ImportError: No module named ftrack"
  25. Your PYTHONPATH has to be set accordingly. Which OS? And how do you start maya? If you start Maya from the same terminal-session from where you can import the api in an interactive python session, you should be able to import the api inside Maya as well. Edit: Obviously the PYTHONPATH has to be set in the bash-session (or whatever shell you use)
  26. Hello, I hope it's the good place for this question.. I need to try some pythons snippets in maya, with ftrack_api. So, Is it possible to "import ftrack_api" in maya, without launching maya with connect ? I can import it in a shell/terminal but, not in maya.. thanks in advance,
  1. Load more activity