All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Hi there, Could I get an invite please? manuelf@zoovfx.com Thanks!
  3. HI! I'm trying to create a custom attribute expression that pulls some data I keep at the version level to the shot level. Does anyone have any examples on how to write expressions? Thank you!
  4. Yesterday
  5. Hi Is there an update on whether or not we can edit team members logs? It's providing quite an issue for us.
  6. Earlier
  7. Hi Team, we are looking to use S3 with Ftrack to store our main assets files on. Has the accessor api been sorted or is there another option for us to use. Our team is all remote based so using Ftrack Studio web based and would like the team to be able to access and store all assets centrally on S3. Please advise the best route.
  8. Hej Henryk, I think this is what you are looking for: https://github.com/ftrackhq/ftrack-web-widget/blob/main/src/ftrackWidget.ts#L86 Hope that helps!
  9. Hej, Is there an js event i can send from my custom widget for ftrack to close the action window again? I have an action wich opens as custom widget to upload an excel file and would like to close the action after. I'm done without the user having to click the 'x' in the actions top corner.
  10. Hi Seymour thanks for flagging this. I have passed it onto the integrations team to take a look. in the future anything that you consider to be a bug report writing into support directly is the best course of action. support@ftrack.com
  11. It seems that Python's "open" command is not available when Maya is launched with Ftrack Connect. Any scripts that need access to files can no longer work. open # Result: <module 'ftrack_connect_pipeline_maya.client.open' from .... ....\\connect\\ftrack-connect-pipeline-maya-1.2.0\\dependencies\\ftrack_connect_pipeline_maya\\client\\open.py'>
  12. Same! Any update? It's really frustrating that it pauses the videos when you are trying to take notes in the player. There needs to be a playlist notes page that can sit outside the media player.
  13. Hi J. you need to submit a support request and we can help you recover that.
  14. Hey there, A client review that had comments and feedback in the review was accidentally deleted. Is there any way to recover this review? Please advise. Thanks!
  15. Is there a job board or something similar if we are looking for vfx producers that are familiar with ftrack?
  16. Is there a way to have a Gantt chart set up that shows percentage of project completion by shot?
  17. Hi! I've created several milestones for different shots. I've linked the shots as incoming to the milestone. When I'm in the project view and I select 'Group by Milestone' - it only shows me the individual milestones. Is there a way to have it have a drop down to see the shots/tasks linked to the milestone? I'm think the milestones need to individual set up within the shot (and if so how to a create milestones for multiple shots)? Thank you!
  18. Thank you! I'll give it a go!
  19. Hey Nora - just uncheck the 'Enable account' checkbox when creating a user, and the user will be available as a dummy assignee/user. Hope this helps!
  20. @Benn So that would be a no? The video only allows you to plan against resources that are registered 'Users'
  21. Hey @Nora Please use this link to help in planning your project needs: https://help.ftrack.com/en/articles/5516695-2-1-introduction-to-planning-projects-with-resources At ftrack studio we recommend using events in the Overview schedulers to find out the resource requirements across your different departments. Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing how you progress.
  22. Hi! Is there a way to create assignees for tasks that don't exist as users? I'm trying to plan out how many people I need for a project - so I need to see how many 'individual' assignees I need. Thank you!
  23. Hello, I can't seem to find basic documentation as to where does a Python file with the Action code need to be located for Ftrack to pick it up. Does it depend on Connect?
  24. I support Chloe's request about default value as hours a previous discussion about being able to to modify time logs by others if needed (producers and supervisors). Also I'd like to have possibility to log time to any tasks, not just personal assigned tasks. If a person works in quick commercial projects that might have not so exact task assignments per person, then it is impossible to log time unless producer/supervisor/coordinator assigns the task for time log. It's better to allow time log rather than wait next day until assignment if done correctly and then log time. I am aware that this might cause sometimes mistakes of logging to wrong tasks, but less restrictive would be better.
  25. Definintely a step towards the solution. Unfortunatelly, didn't work in my case although the error message changed from "position 17" to "position 19"... I even tried to replace the above mentioned line with #!/usr/bin/python instead of just removing it, with no success either...
  26. Currently in Maya when I publish an asset via Ftrack Connect the Publisher makes a name for the animation asset as "anim" (which is I assume a code for animation which can be set in settings). What I want is to make the default name for animation asset a task name. How can I do this?
  27. hi ! Ftrack connect each run always sticks to the same specific task. I don't know what criteria it uses. I have to change context each time I start it. Is it possible to make ftrack connect to remember the last task used and use it as default next time when ftrack connect starts
  1. Load more activity