All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hey Mike, is the version using pyblish available somewhere? I'd be interested. Best, Julian
  3. Last week
  4. Hello, i cannot figurate how to update asset's attribute that are in a folder through a CSV import, without put all my assets at the root (else, ftrack import considerate the new imported CSV datas as new assets and tasks instead of detecting them in the folders and just update) If you guys have a trick for making the import detecting the presence of asset under folders, i would be grateful Eric
  5. Hey @Lorenzo Angeli, looking forward to your example. In the meantime I tried it myself and got a working version up n running. Unfortunately it doesn't really help me with the original problem. I can configure my proxy location to choose between distinct locations with different names like studio.server1 and studio.server2 (which is great btw and helps me solve some other issues I had). However, to choose between a managed and unmanaged version of the same location I'd have to create both instances beforehand, which afaik is not possible as they are essentially the same? Or at least I don't know how. What would work is creating two distinct locations studio.server1 and studio.server1.unmanaged. But that's not really what I am after. And that brings me back to my original question: Is there any way to revert a location instance back to the state it was before mixin in the unmangedLocationMixin? The only solution I can think of right now would be to reconfigure my locations by emitting an 'ftrack.api.session.configure-location' event. But that doesn't seem right .. - Julian
  6. Any news on this, or at least perhaps where to dig in the rv plugin to customize what components will load? We often have main and proxy components on asset versions, and it would be great to load the proxies as well for performance
  7. Hi, New version is on its way. Where we have the following enhancement on Overview: "Color your timeline content based on project, type, status or priority" More information in the release notes. Regards, Johan
  8. Hi @Jakub Trllo, you have almost answered yourself the question: >> It's probably because every time is used `custom_attributes` key on entity, api is querying values of custom attributes? It is quite possible that is what causing your slowdown. If you don't need / care about what the previous value was you can think of turning off the auto_popluate using the context manager for it. You can find further information here. Let us know how it goes! L.
  9. Hi, New version is on its way. Among other things, support has been added to upload attachments when adding feedback in a review. Regards, Johan
  10. Earlier
  11. But i don't know what does it involve to expand the supported functions. It is just an idea that could help Cheers again
  12. So here is the very beginning of an expression i have so far : {func.CONCAT( func.SUBSTRING( self.graph_label, 1, func.LOCATE(' ',self.graph_label)-1 ), '_', func.SUBSTRING( self.graph_label, func.LOCATE(' ', self.graph_label)+1, func.LOCATE(' ', self.graph_label, func.LOCATE(' ', self.graph_label) ) ) ) } So for the attribute Label "Parisian Aged Ground Pavement" it give me the attribute Name "Parisian_Aged Gro" but i still have caps This is just a very beginning, not complete 😛 With REPLACE AND LOWER, i would have something like that : {func.LOWER(func.REPLACE(self.graph_label, ' ', '_'))} Regards
  13. Hello, thanks for your response. Yes i saw the list of supported functions before create this thread, that is why i said that <<it would be nice to have>> some other "test editing" functions. We have some dependencies between hundreds asset's names ans label attributes, so it would be useful to automatically create strings. eg: if we have this kind of Label attribute, manually typed : "Parisian Aged Ground Pavement" we would like to be able to make a "Name" expression attribute that would automatically format it like this: "parisian_aged_ground_pavement" I guess i can replace the " " by the "_" with the existing supported functions (it would be anyway more simple with a "REPLACE" function) but not possible to convert caps to lowercase. I propose this because we have hundreds assets to manage on each project. Cheers and as i am quite new to ftrack i would like to congrats everyone for your incredible tool ! Team begin using it and seems to really like it Eric ps: sorry for my english, i hope to be understandable
  14. Hi @Julian Martinz , we'll be looking soon on providing something off the shelf. Your approach seems the on the right track though ! L.
  15. Hey Lorenzo, thanks for the reply. I think @JPrydz mentioned that concept before. You don't happen to have a code example ready? Or at least a draft or a hint? After a short glance at the location class I'd start by overriding/extending the add_component method and implement the logic there. Does that sound sensible? Best, Julian
  16. Hi, I'll extend the question. Is possible to set custom attributes for multiple entities at once? ISSUE: I have dictionary where key represents id of ftrack entity and value represents a value of one specific custom attribute. I would like to set them all at once (or as fast as possible in other words). NOTE: I have also ftrack entities at the moment I need to change values of the custom attribute. But when I'll use `entity["custom_attributes"]["{specific_key}"] = value` to change value it takes on average 0,2 second (60 seconds for whole project). It's probably because every time is used `custom_attributes` key on entity, api is querying values of custom attributes? I assume that it is not possible to use UPDATE of INSERT queries, right? Thanks, Jakub EDITED: Found out that session has recorded_operations where I can put UpdateEntityOperation. With this it takes less then 0.1 for whole project, GREAT Is this usage "kosher"?
  17. Hi Konstantin, Thanks for the feedback. I have reported this as a bug. Regards, Lucas
  18. Hi @Julian Martinz if you want to use either one or the other in the same project you might have to think of creating what I would call a proxy location. This location would accept both (or more) the locations you want to use and through logical gates you can redirect the publish to what you want, either based on task, component or any other logic that suits you. Hope it helps. L.
  19. We are incredibly pleased to announce that today, Cospective, creator of the Academy Award and Emmy-winning synchronized remote review tool cineSync, has joined forces with ftrack! We have enjoyed a close working relationship with Cospective since 2015. During that time, we’ve developed a deep integration that links cineSync with ftrack Studio, and a working relationship with the Cospective team that has flourished over the years. We’ve partnered with Cospective at industry events, shared many meals, and grown as both friends and colleagues. For us, Cospective was the natural choice for a partner. The company mirrors ftrack in its professionalism, creative aspirations, and spirit of innovation, and in cineSync, Cospective has built a robust and industry-changing product that continues to find new ways to simplify and streamline workflows for creative professionals all around the world. Cospective’s ambitions align very firmly with our own, and we are extraordinarily proud to bring both its people and products under the ftrack umbrella. You can learn more about this landmark acquisition and what it means for this new chapter in the ftrack (and Cospective!) story below. Read the full story about ftrack's acquisition of Cospective
  20. Is there an option to revert a location to default after setting it up to be unmanaged with the ftrack_api.mixin() method? I have to publish components to the same location during a session. Some of them are already where they belong so I want to add them through the unmanaged location. For others (especially those created by the official plugins // publishers) I'd like to rely on the default behaviour. - Julian
  21. Hey Lorenzo, Thats basically what I was planning to do (except for the threading part in the action .. but guess that's the only viable way). Thanks for the reply. - Julian
  22. Hi @narvi, the latest perforce location plugin can be downloaded from this address. For what concerns S3 there's an example built on top of the legacy api here but still has to be ported to the new one. This is something on our todo list to port it over. Hope it helps. L.
  23. JPrydz

Faster querying

Hi Jakub, Thanks for updating the thread. Regards Johan
  24. Also ftrackWidget is not suitable to handle action widgets as it does not handle content.selection in onWidgetLoad(), is there chance this to be fixed?
  25. Thank you for your reply Jakub. My problem was much simpler than I thought. I can have unlimited forms as I want, and its results always just updates the event['data']['values'] with the latest form. So once form a is done I just store the event['data']['values'] into a temp var. and then call it once i need to use it to populate the next form. Thanks!
  26. Lorenzo Angeli

Windows, Linux, Osx Download 0.7.0 Documentation Changes since last version changed : Pip compatibility for version 19.3.0 or higher. changed: Defer the Qt import when loading scenario. new : Use Qt.py instead of the bundled QtExt with Connect. new : Support publish of file sequences. fixed: Perforce modules cannot be imported and used in DCC application. new : Provide default file encode mapping based on the file extension. new : Enforce perforce username to be the same as the ftrack user logged in. Requirement Accessible Helix Server What to expect to work Storage setup User preferences setup Publish Versioning Aim for testing Publish from any application Import/Update version through connect's asset management system Known Issues and limitations There are known issues at the moment with Nuke Studio integration.
  27. I got it myself, it look like some dependencies missed in production configuration in ftrack-spark-components.
  1. Load more activity