ConnectError: No system tray located.

Remus Avram

Hi Ftrack Team,

I try to lunch ftrack-connect for a specific user and I get this error message:

bash-4.1$ .../ftrack-connect 
2017-03-15 16:11:34,073 - root - ERROR - Logging an uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File ".../python-packages/ftrack-connect/0.1.33/centos-6_x86-64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ftrack_connect-0.1.33-py2.7.egg/ftrack_connect/__main__.py", line 98, in <module>
 main(sys.argv[1:])
 File ".../python-packages/ftrack-connect/0.1.33/centos-6_x86-64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ftrack_connect-0.1.33-py2.7.egg/ftrack_connect/__main__.py", line 85, in main
 theme=namespace.theme
 File ".../python-packages/ftrack-connect/0.1.33/centos-6_x86-64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ftrack_connect-0.1.33-py2.7.egg/ftrack_connect/ui/application.py", line 108, in __init__
 'No system tray located.'
ConnectError: No system tray located.

Do you have any idea what it could be?

• 3 months later...

Hi Remus,

I would imagine that the user has removed parts of his gnome panels, in particular the applet for tray icons. You could probably add it back manually by right clicking the panel and selecting "Add to panel" and then making sure the panel configuration matches one of your working users , I can sadly not replicate it here as I do not have access to a system with gnome 2.

As an alternative you could reset the users gnome panel configuration completely ,  I believe that can be done by deleting ~/.gconf/apps/panel and all its sub files and folders and then logging in and out, that should force gnome to regenerate the default configuration.

cheers

Eric

Archived