Select parent entities quicker.

tokejepsen

Hey,

I would like to see a quick way of select parent entities in the integrations "Import Asset" dialog.

My motivation is that we usually have non-tasks specific asset on the shot of a task. To find this asset, you have to click "Browse" and find the shot you are working.

Instead I would like to have something like an up arrow to traverse up the parent hierarchy, or something similar to the links on the Ftrack site.

Capture.PNG

Instead I would like to have something like an up arrow to traverse up the parent hierarchy, or something similar to the links on the Ftrack site.

Indeed, I agree that would be helpful. Speaking of the asset importer, have you seen any need of supporting selection of a Sequence or Asset builds folder and list everything beneath? 

On 3/24/2017 at 9:19 AM, Mattias Lagergren said:

Speaking of the asset importer, have you seen any need of supporting selection of a Sequence or Asset builds folder and list everything beneath? 

Kinda, but I've more that there are for example a common asset that needs importing into a scene, like a character that is used throughout the project. For this kind of importing, it might be handy to have a favourites list to quickly get to a commonly used asset.

I have also been tinkering with the idea of using the "incoming" links to build a scene quicker.

• 4 months later...

Archived