automatically re-subscribe users to the actions

Remus Avram

Hi,

is it possible to automatically re-subscribe all users to the actions?

The problem is that we provide production with new actions, or update the actions and ones they are subscribed through Ftrack Connect, they don't use the new/updated actions until they re-subscribe (restart Ftrack Connect).

There is nothing built in to do this. You could achieve this yourself with an ftrack Connect plugin that watches the ftrack Connect plugin directory and manually discovers new plugins by passing on the connect session:

ftrack_api.plugin.discover(['/ftrack-connect-plugin-directory/newly/discovered/plugin/path'], [plugin_session])

I haven't tried this but should be possible and would be interesting to hear how it works. Just be sure to not discover any plugins twice and also consider implementing an "unregister" if a plugin folder is removed.

• 8 months later...

Thanks @Mattias Lagergren for you answer.

But is it possible to manually re-register all the plugins from a folder?

For example i am updating the code of a plugin. In this way the plugin will not be registered again and the new code will not be in use.

On the Ftrack server side we are checking every X minutes if there is new code pushed, and if it is, then it is re-launching the actions.

Is it possible to do something similar for the Ftrack-Connect?

On 11/11/2017 at 8:08 PM, Remus Avram said:

Is it possible to do something similar for the Ftrack-Connect?

I assume that "re-launching" the actions means that you kill the current process and launch it again? If so, this gives you a fresh environment, and avoids and necessity to clean it up which would be the main difficulty with doing the same in Connect without restarting it. I.e. old plugins must be unregistered properly and if there are dependent modules that has changed they must be reloaded.

Archived