Quick filter against any object name

Hey,

We'd like the quick filter to filter against any object in the hierarchy. At present it seems limited to just Tasks which leads to confusion when it reports it cannot find items we can clearly see. It would also speed up our workflow when finding items and reduce the possibility of folks creating similar duplicate items because they couldn't find an existing one.

As you have this behaviour already for the global search hopefully it will be easy to add!

cheers,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes this would be very useful and we've had it reported from other clients as well. I'd really like to do this but at the moment there are some technical issues to overcome with our internal query builder when using a filter that can target any object type. As you can see when expanding the filter panel you can only add Assignee filter that applies to all types in the hierarchy, the rest of them is for a single object type.

Bottom line, I really would like to do this but it is a bit complicated and requires some research and work on our end. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Mattias,

How's the research going on this? Happy to discuss / try out any beta as well as soon as you have it.

Related to your point; I guess the API in general could do with a forgiving query mode where attributes not available for a particular type are silently ignored rather than erroring. E.g.  The following would be supported:

>>> session.query("select username from Resource limit 5").all()
ftrack_api.exception.ServerError: Server reported error: KeyError(u'username')

15 hours ago, Martin Pengelly-Phillips said:

How's the research going on this? Happy to discuss / try out any beta as well as soon as you have it.

No research has started so far and I'm afraid that it is not among our top priorities at the moment.

15 hours ago, Martin Pengelly-Phillips said:

Related to your point; I guess the API in general could do with a forgiving query mode where attributes not available for a particular type are silently ignored rather than erroring. E.g.  The following would be supported:

Yes, definitely useful - although different implementation-wise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived