Sequence Review

tokejepsen

15 hours ago, tokejepsen said:

Hey,

It would be great if we could load in multiple shots on the client side.

We are basically looking to review a whole sequence/episode in one go, so the client can see the shots in context.

Hi,

When you say load in multiple shots, do you mean load multiple clips in the player in Client review? I.e. having it play-through all the clips on the timeline?

Yes.  So that client can see the shots in context of the 'edit'.

We're currently having to export videos compiled of multiple shots, which is very easy for the client to comment on, but we then have to transfer the feedback manually to it's respective shots.

There's another aspect of this, which applies to the internal review tools too and that is handles. It would be amazing to be able to take handles on shots into consideration and cut them of when reviewing multiple shots in sequence., we would be essentially then able to reproduce the edit in the web browser and it would make reviewing infinitely easier. 

We are considering giving clients user access to our Ftrack to review in context, and get shots specific notes with the Web Player.

I seem to be able to save the links to certain web player session, and visit them with different users; https://bait.ftrackapp.com/widget/#view=freview_webplayer_v1&itemId=freview&entityType=tempdata&entityId=83c99cd0-28ad-11e6-b911-42010af00048&controller=widget.
I see you have an entity type of "tempdata". Is this something that might be flushed at some point, or would we be able to share these links forever?

• 7 months later...

Voted on this feature on Trello.

I was gonna ask about a quite similar feature, so I think this is the appropriate place to ask about it : our producers would like to be able to see, at any time, the current progress of a project at a glance. So, basically, this would mean playing at once all the available shoots, in the order they come in the hierarchy. In fact, this would be some kind of automatic montage of the shoots.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed that there isn't specific trello card for being able to play clip without their handles.

We're running into this every day in internal review, to the point, that the online review is becoming very hard to use on longer projects (tv shows), where the continuity of movement between shots is important. 

We have to do all sequence review in nuke studio to see shots in context correctly.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread as we are in the same situation: we have an external workflow for review because it is so important to view the edit (or at list shots without handles)... Due to a limited number of sequence viewer software it would be great to have this function from within ftrack to let artist quickly check there work in context !

Archived